Want to make your marriage rock? Here are twelve ways to get started:
- Send your husband off to work with a smile on his face. Have a good attitude. Pray for him. Talk about his upcoming day. Plant a good kiss on him before he leaves. Wave goodbye from the window.
- Think of five things your husband would appreciate that day. Do them and see if he notices.
- Greet your husband at the end of the day with a smile (even if you’ve had a rough day). Make a point to welcome him. Kiss him good. Have some semblance of order in the first room he enters. Have the table set for dinner—even if you haven’t starting cooking yet.
- Give your husband wind-down time as he first enters. Don’t start complaining about the kids just yet.
- After dinner snuggle with your husband. Sit down with him. Ask about his day.
- Listen to your husband’s work concerns. As the days pass, check in about these concerns.
- Don’t talk bad about your hubby to friends. Praise him around others.
- Meet his physical needs. (Yes, you know what this means!)
- Encourage him. Tell him how sexy he is. He still thinks of himself as that high school jock. A few words of praise go a long way.
- Call your husband on the phone during day. Tell him you’re thinking about him. (Email works too!)
- Support his dreams. Ask about them. Encourage them.
- Don’t put yourself down in front of him. Treat yourself like the princess he married. He doesn’t want to notice your flaws . . . so don’t point them out!
What do YOU do that makes YOUR marriage rock? I’m always looking for new ideas!