Do you want to enjoy the last days of summer with your family? Before long, the mornings will be cooler and work and school will fill our days. Make the most of the remaining time with the people who mean the most in your life. Here are 20 tips to enjoy the last days of summer!
20 Tips to Enjoy the Last Days of Summer
Let’s make the most of the dog days of summer with these 20 fun ideas for family bonding in the hottest time of year.
- Make your own popsicles from fruit juice or lemonade.
- Host a neighborhood “dog wash” and have all the local dogs clean and smelling sweet.
- Have a backyard campout and lay under stars and identify constellations.
Have a watermelon feed and seed spitting competition.
- Make homemade ice cream.
- Take one last trip to the local pool or beach.
- Have a 24-hour read-a-thon in your living room.
- Shop a local farmer’s market for end-of-season fruits and veggies.
- Recycle old tee-shirts by tie-dying or batiking them with Elmer’s glue.
- Get ready for Fall by cleaning out old toys and clothes and donating to a local charity.
- Make your own paper.
- Have a hotdog and marshmallow roast and tell stories about your favorite family memories.
Have a squirt gun fight.
- Make a bookmobile from a garage sale or thrifted books. Donate to a local library or public school for decoration.
- Take a Sunday drive through the country to see wildflowers.
- Host a karaoke contest in your backyard.
- Go to a concert or play in the park.
- Go out to lunch or dinner at a local diner and sit at the counter.
Volunteer as a family to walk local shelter dogs.
- Make a family movie and share it with grandparents or long-distance relatives.
Want more great tips for keeping kids engaged? You might also like this post:
I hope these ideas help you finish out the summer with a bang and move you into Fall with happy memories.
What other ideas do you have for enjoying the last days of summer? Share with me in the comments!
Jessica G says
The last few days of summer with my nieces and nephews mean spending time in the pool, splash pad, and sleepovers!