These 22 Scriptures to pray for your children in 2022 can make all the difference. And while we have high hopes that 2022 will have less conflict and trials than last year, we can’t guarantee it. There are many things we can do for our children to help them during hard times, but the best thing we can do is pray. Lift your children to God this year through the power of His word.
22 Scriptures to Pray for Your Children in 2022
- Truth. With so many people trying to convince kids that “anything goes,” pray that your children will understand that truth comes from God. We need to follow what God says. “Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you,” Psalm 25:5.
- Peace. Everyone is facing challenges in our world right now. Instead of being worried, pray that your children’s focus will stay on God so they can have peace. “You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!” Isaiah 26:3.
- Patience and Kindness. Most children are missing out on normal activities with their friends. Pray that your children can grow in patience and kindness with each other during this time. “Love is patient and kind,” 1 Corinthians 13:4.
- Obedience. It may seem strange to pray that your children will obey you, but when children learn obedience parents, they also learn to obey God. “People who accept discipline are on the pathway to life, but those who ignore correction will go astray,” Proverbs 10:17.
- Purity. Pray for your children’s purity through obeying God’s Word. There are many things that can corrupt the mind, heart and body. “How can a young person stay pure? By obeying your word,” Psalm 119:9.
- Trust. Pray for your children to trust in the Lord instead of their own ideas. “Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding,” Proverbs 3:5.
22 Scriptures to Pray for Your Children in 2022
7. Submission. Pray your children will be submissive to the Holy Spirit’s work in their lives. “But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!” Galatians 5:22-23.
8. Transformation. Pray your children will allow God to transform their minds so they may actively seek God’s will. “Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect,” Romans 12:2
9. A Seeking Heart. Pray your children will seek God’s kingdom above all else. “Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need,” Matthew 6:33.
10. The armor of God. Pray for your children to understand that God has given us armor to fight against the evil of the world. “Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places,” Ephesians 6:11-12.
11. Action. Pray that your children will understand God’s word and be quick to act. “Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says,” James 1:22
12. Love. Pray your children will love others well. And may the Lord make your love for one another and for all people grow and overflow, just as our love for you overflows. 1 Thessalonians 3:12
13. Faith. Pray your children will have faith in God’s good plans. “And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns,” Philippians 1:6
14. Steadfastness. Pray your children don’t listen to bad advice from others. “Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with mockers,” Philippians 2:6.
15. Being a Peacemaker. Pray your children will be peacemakers, solving problems instead of causing problems. “And those who are peacemakers will plant seeds of peace and reap a harvest of righteousness,” James 3:18
16. Encouragement. Pray your children will always lift their heads to look to the Lord, and when they’re too hurt or discouraged, pray they’ll allow God to lift their heads. “But you, O LORD, are a shield around me; you are my glory, the one who holds my head high,” Psalm 3:3.
17. Surrender. Pray your children will learn to let God carry their burdens. “Give your burdens to the Lord, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall,” Psalm 55:22.
18. Humility. Pay your children will get on their knees before God often, knowing He can help them. “So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you,” James 4:7
19. Accountability. Pray your kids will be connected to a community of believers who will keep them on their toes. “Be careful then, dear brothers and sisters. Make sure that your own hearts are not evil and unbelieving, turning you away from the living God,” Hebrews 3:12.
20. Hope. Pray your kids will hope in God for a good future. “‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ says the LORD. ‘They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope,” Jeremiah 29:11.
21. Wisdom. Pray your children will turn to God when they need wisdom or knowledge. “For the LORD grants wisdom! From his mouth come knowledge and understanding,” Proverbs 2:6.
22. Joy. Pray that your children will find joy in their relationship with the Lord and that it will strengthen them as they walk through these difficult days. “The Joy of the Lord is your strength,” Nehemiah 8:10.
Choose a few things to pray for your child each day. I know God will use your prayers for good in your child’s life!
Walking it Out,
Can’t find the remaining scriptures! 🙁