School’s out for summer (or will be soon!) and so begins the frantic brainstorm of what to do with our kids without spending a fortune. With help from my Facebook followers and Pinterest, here are 30 fun and FREE things to do this summer with your kids:
- “Little bit” party
- Explore your neighborhood
- Board games
- Attend movies in the park—Paul B.
- Take advantage of your local museums’ free days—Wendy H.
- Weed a community flower bed—Susan K.
- Take a factory tour—Laureen H.
- Do a treasure hunt around your neighborhood—Nancy B.
- Make a chalk mosaic on your sidewalk—Jennifer C.
- Go camping . . . in your own backyard—Paul B.
- Take advantage of summer programs at your library—Shelly D.
- Visit your local fire department for a tour—Laureen H.
- Let your kids bowl for free with this website—Karen I.
- Visit a nursing home and play games with a resident—Lyn P.
- Have a backyard picnic—Michelle S.
- Decorate mugs with permanent markers, then bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees (Pin)
- Make watermelon cookies (Pin)
- Make balloon ninjas (Pin)
- Craft some book-page envelopes (Pin)
- Create cards to send to loved ones (Pin)
- Try a fun science project (Pin)
- Make colorful bathtub ice cubes (Pin)
- Prepare for Christmas early and make these photo tags (Pin)
- Paint old photo frames (Pin)
- DIY magazine boxes that can be used to store magazines, kids’ books, and binders (Pin)
- Have some fizzy fun with your kids from items already in your kitchen (Pin)
- Make your own rubber stamps (Pin)
- Play backyard Twister (Pin)
- Take advantage of this wonderfully curated list (Pin)
Do you have a favorite activity to add to the list? Share in the comment section below!
Are you new here? You might want to subscribe to my email updates, or follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, or Instagram.