Last weekend my husband and I had a weekend away. OK, the truth is we had our two-year-old daughter with us, but we were in Branson (which is a cool place), we didn’t turn on our computers for the most part, and we had time just to hang out (when I wasn’t signing books or meeting with a book club!).
Before we left I tucked something super special into my purse—something I knew would draw us closer during our time away. What was it?
CONVERSATION STARTERS FOR MARRIED COUPLES!
Lol . . . no, it wasn’t a black nightie. After being married for twenty-two years the truth is that while I make time for physical intimacy with my husband, we often miss out on those deeper conversations. So what did we talk about? Lots of things—everything! Here are a few questions that got us started (which came from the book Creative Conversation Starters for Couples, written by Robert and Pamela Crosby [Honor Books]):
- If you could store up only one hour’s worth of memory in your mind, which hour of our marriage would you want to remember?
- If you could witness any biblical event, which one would you choose?
- When do you feel most loved?
- Which strengths in your life bring you the greatest satisfaction?
- What time of day is best for us to talk?
- If we could just drop what we’re doing and go do something fun, what would it be?
- What is one of the most adventurous things you’ve ever done?