God help me to be a faithful friend.
A friend who puts other’s needs ahead of my own.
A friend who utters prayers of consideration throughout the day.
A friend who is a stepping stone, and not a stumbling block, to righteousness.
A friend who loves.
A friend who cares.
A friend who smiles, and a friend who cries when necessary.
And always a friend who hugs.
A friend who listens, and a friend who ponders her answers and considers her advice.
A friend who holds her tongue during conflict and is always will to forgive.
A friend who is available.
A friend who is helpful.
A friend who is strong in times of weakness.
And a friend who can strengthen others.
A friend who sees beauty in all things.
A friend who has hope in all circumstances.
A friend who has kind words,
And a friend without criticism.
A friend who is lifelong, or a friend who gives a passing smile.
A friend to those who are lonely.
A friend to those who are needy.
God help me to be a friend to all, and mostly, help be to be the type of friend to others that Jesus is to me.
— Tricia Goyer
1. Who was your very first “best friend” growing up?
2. Who was your favorite junior high friend?
3. What is something nice a friend has done for you lately?
4. What is your favorite thing to do with a friend?
5. What is one topic of conversation you and a friend talked about recently?
6. If you and your friend went out to dinner tonight where would you go? What would you order?
7. Who is your closest friend that you’ve never met in person?
8. What is one gift you can give to your friend today that cost nothing? Will you give it?
Stop Lurking! Every week I will draw names for a free Tricia Goyer book from those who comment on my blogs. Winner’s choice! Tell your friends. Last week’s winner was Mrs. EL! She left a comment on Tricia’s shoutlife page! Whoo-hoo! Congrats!