Health in Body, Mind, and Finances: A Journey Together with Jamil Frazier
Listen to Jamil and My Conversation Here!
In a recent survey*, I read that while most U.S. adults understand self-care as balancing all health aspects, an overwhelming 41% are engulfed in daily responsibilities, making self-care a daunting task. When do people succeed? When they have support. 60% of adults believe having support is critical to prioritizing self-care. We are social beings who thrive with encouragement and companionship on our health journey.
Interestingly, the survey highlights exercise, sleep, and mental health as the top areas of self-care. These are crucial yet often overlooked components of a healthy lifestyle. Moreover, more than half of the respondents view self-care days as a temporary solution, emphasizing the importance of cultivating small, daily habits for lasting change. And I’m here to tell you that EVERYTHING can change when you seek others to help you.
In 2023, I never planned on going on a health journey. Truthfully, I just got to the place where I was tired of being overweight and exhausted. I knew another diet wasn’t going to work. Instead, I turned to my friend Amber Lia and asked her to be my health coach. I was excited because her coaching was free. But the best part is that Amber had been where I was. She’s lost 90lbs and has kept it off for five years.
I started my health journey at the end of March and lost over 80 pounds. I leaned into the program, and I turned to Amber for help. She didn’t judge me. Instead, she gently guided me.
With Habits of Health, most of their coaches began as clients, providing empathy and understanding rooted in personal experience. This program isn’t just about offering tools. It’s about approaching wellness in a way that encompasses mind, body, and spirit. And the coaches guide your way. It’s like a cheerleading squad on your wellness journey!
That’s a long introduction leading up to today’s guest. Soon after I started my health journey, I started coaching others–primarily for accountability. As Amber says, “The system is already developed. Coaching is just caring and sharing.” I love that!
Then, I met Jamil through Amber. Amber has looked up to Jamil for help and advice for years. When I started as a health coach, I attended trainings led by Jamil. I soon learned that Jamil is both wise and inspiring. After spending time with Jamil, I WANT to do more for myself and others! God has good plans for us, and I want to follow them well.
Because I’ve received so much encouragement, I asked if Jamil could encourage you through this podcast. Jamil is inspiring but also practical. After tuning in, I hope you’ll start thinking differently about your dreams and goals. (I know you will!) I also hope you’ll see that “self-care” will impact you and allow you to impact others.
But before you tune in to listen, I want to leave you with this.
- Self-Care is a Balance, Not a Luxury: Self-care isn’t just an occasional indulgence. It’s about balancing all aspects of your health daily.
- You’re Not Alone in Your Journey: With 41% struggling to find time for self-care amidst life’s responsibilities, you’re part of a widespread challenge we can overcome together.
- Support Makes All the Difference: 60% of adults acknowledge the importance of having support in their self-care journey. Reach out, connect, and find your community.
- Focus on the Big Three: Exercise, sleep, and mental health are self-care pillars. Prioritize these areas to see a transformative impact on your overall well-being.
- Daily Habits Over Temporary Fixes: More than half realize that self-care days are insufficient. Cultivate small, daily habits for lasting change.
- Empathy in Coaching Matters: Coaches, mostly former clients, offer support rooted in empathy and understanding, making your journey more relatable and compelling.
- A Comprehensive Approach is Key: Embrace a comprehensive view of health that includes weight management, nutrition, physical activity, sleep, and mental well-being.
- Community is Your Cheerleader: A supportive community offers much-needed cheerleading to keep you motivated and on track.
- Wellness is a Mind, Body, and Spirit Affair: True wellness encompasses physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
- Small Steps Lead to Big Changes: Begin with small, manageable steps. Consistency in these small habits will lead to significant, long-term improvements in your health and wellness.
Let these takeaways be your guide and inspiration as you navigate the path to a healthier, more balanced life. Remember, the journey to wellness is about the steps you take AND the support and community you find along the way.
Connect with Jamil: https://www.instagram.com/therealjamilfrazier
Would you like free health coaching?
Join me on this wellness journey. Fill out this form, and I’ll set up a time for us to do a Health Assessment. I promise this is one of the best things you’ll do this year!