How to Be a Selfless Mom
(or at least get started that direction)
1. Share the cookies you have hidden.
2. Don’t sign your child up for an activity to help you look like a “good” mom. (Adding to your child’s schedule to pump your ego never works.)
3. Cut an activity you signed up for to create more down time for your kids.
4. Think of one thing you could do to put a smile on your child’s face… and do it.
5. Schedule a family outing that you’ve been promising to do, but haven’t gotten around to yet.
6. Give a back rub or a tummy tickle.
7. Schedule one-on-one time with each family member once a month.
When you’re selfless your family will notice. You will too. Even when you drag your feet to serve, joy will be discovered on the other side.
God notices your selflessness, too. He loves when you take steps to soften a “me first” heart.
Which reminds me…
8. Take time to offer more of yourself to God today than you did yesterday. The more you give to God the less you have to be selfish with… guaranteed.
Read the original post at momlifetoday.com.
Are you new here? You might want to subscribe to my email updates, or follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, or Instagram.
Leave a Reply