Want to make your marriage rock? Here are 12 ways to get started:
1. Send your husband off to work with a smile on his face. Have a good attitude. Pray for him. Talk about his upcoming day. Plant a good kiss on him before he leaves. Wave good-bye from the window.
2. Think of five things your husband would appreciate that day. Do them and see if he notices.
3. Greet your husband at the end of the day with a smile. (Even if you’ve had a rough day.) Make a point to welcome him. Kiss him good. Have some semblance of order in the first room he enters. Have the table set for dinner—even if you haven’t starting cooking yet.
4. Give your husband wind-down time as he first enters. Don’t start complaining about the kids just yet.
5. After dinner snuggle with your husband. Sit down with him. Ask about his day.
6. Listen to your husband’s work concerns. As the days pass, check in about these concerns.
7. Don’t talk bad about your hubby to friends. Praise him around others.
8. Meet his physical needs. (Yes, you know what this means!)
10. Call your husband on the phone during day. Tell him you’re thinking about him. (Email works too!)
11. Support his dreams. Ask about them. Encourage them.
12. Don’t put yourself down in front of him. Treat yourself like the princess he married. He doesn’t want to notice your flaws … so don’t point them out!
What do YOU do that makes YOUR marriage rock? I’m always looking for new ideas!