I belong to Christians Author’s Network (CAN), 50 or so authors connected together to help each other market books. You can visit our website at www.christianauthorsnetwork.com.
I had the privilege, along with Mary E. DeMuth, to launch a blog for CAN that focuses exclusively on marketing your books. http://canblog.typepad.com/
Anything and everything you’d ever need to know about marketing, you can find at this site. Some topics covered include:
* Promotional mailings
* How to best use what Amazon.com offers
* Book signings
* How writing for magazines helps book sales
* The best way to blog
* Creating good relationships with local retailers
* How to find your niche
* Marshmallow marketing (patented by Susan Meissner-great posts!)
* TV and radio publicity
* Newsletter/ezine how-to’s
* Developing a speaking platform
This is just a snapshot of the things we cover. With two people posting each day except Sunday, there is a lot of variety and loads of interesting and helpful information.