Super Bowl parties are one of the top at-home party events of the year and have become much more than a gathering of football lovers. They are a time to dissect the ads, eat party snacks and hang with friends. (The real reason I “watch.”)
The Super Bowl is yet another great excuse to get together with our friends, new and old, overeat and laugh. Of course, for the serious football fan it’s ALL about the game. This year Pepsi contacted me about helping them give away a Ultimate Super Bowl Party Pack valued at $250. Wouldn’t that be great for your at-home viewing party?
To enter the contest, leave a comment on the this post telling me:
1. Who you think will win the Super Bowl (the Cardinals or the Steelers)?
2. What is your favorite “Super Bowl Food”? (And the recipe if you want to share with us!)
Here is what you win:
The Ultimate Pepsi Super Bowl Party Pack:
• 1 football
• 1 beverage pail
• 1 snack helmet (my favorite!)
• 2 key chains
• 2 hats
• 2 t-shirts
• 5 Pepsi 24 pack coupons
• 5 Frito Lay coupons
Pepsi will send the pack to the winner’s door before the big day (Feb. 1st). Contest ends Jan 26th at NOON! Winner announced on the eve of the 26th. U.S. residents only please.
P.S. Did you know that Pepsi is the sponsor of the NFL Rookie of the Year? Click here to cast your vote!
1. The Steelers, of course.
2. Nachos and PEPSI!
Scott Welch says
1) I think the Steelers are going to win (in honor of my late brother)
2)my wife’s Rotel Chili/Cheese dip. clueless on the recipe, but I’m sure I can get it!
1. The Steelers.
2. I love tortilla chips, homemade salsa, and cheese dip.
1 large can whole tomatoes
1 tsp. garlic powder
Juice of one lime
1 small onion, roughly chopped
2 small jalapenos chopped or 1 tsp. hot sauce like Tabasco
2 Tbsp. cilantro
Dash of pepper
1 tsp. sugar
Dump all ingredients in blender and pulse 2-3 times or to desired chunkiness. Chill at least 2 hours or serve at room temperature. Refrigerate remaining salsa, if there is any remaining.
Thanks for hosting the giveaway, Tricia.
eh personally i’m looking more forward to the episode of the Office that comes on directly after the superbowl ends! give me college football any day!
but if i had to choose..i’m going with the cardinals (not a steelers fan, sorry!!!!). and i LOOOOVE buffalo wings.
Aileen Mitchell Lawrimore says
1. I want the Steelers to win in honor of Dr. Dan Goodman, the NT prof at our seminary who died suddenly this month. He had been a avid Steelers fan all of his short life of 40 years. For his boys and his wife, I’m betting on the Steelers!(see my blog post on “From Despair to Hope” at http://www.aileenonline.com/b2 for more about how we at Gardner-Webb University felt on that horrible day.)
2. Diet Mtn. Dew–always the favorite drink.
Chili with cheese and nachos for the meal/snack.
Jenni Saake says
OK, you are totally going to laugh at me. I’m so not into sports that I don’t even have a clue what two teams are playing nor from what cities. LOL I’m going to say “Cardinals” only because birds sound nicer than people who “steal” (OK, so not spelled the same). My husband would be rolling his eyes at that logic, as are probably most people reading this reply, but I’m leaving this comment on behalf of my husband as he would get a total kick out of this prize. 🙂
Anyway, I have been to many superbowl parties where I sit and chat with a couple of other equally uninterested-in-sports ladies and I always love munching on guacamole and chips. To make my own I mash a few avacados with the juice from half a lemon, add a little salt, sometimes pepper and/or garlic salt. Occasionally I’ll mix in a bit of salsa too, but not always. Then grab a fresh bag of tortilla chips and dig in!
Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane says
Oh, fun, we have a big Super Bowl party every year. We expect about 25-30 this year 🙂 I’m rooting for the Cardinals, and my favorite food is usually soup. I got vetoed this year though, as it’s supposed to be mild here, so we’re going to grill out hot dogs and hamburgers before the game. We’ll have lots of other appetizers and finger foods too. Can’t wait!
2. Meatballs (on jar of chili sauce, one jar of grape jelly. Heat until melted, pour over some frozen meatballs, cook on low in your crockpot for about an hour). Perfect all day snack!!
Steve K. says
1. Team: Arizona Cardinals – yeeeahhhhh!
2. Snack: Harvest Cheddar Sunchips, because they use solar energy at their Modesto, California plant and buy green energy credits to match 100% of the electricity required to produce! Well done, Frito-Lay. I salute you!
1. I hoping the Cardinals win. But, I’m guessing it will probably be the Steelers.
2. I like tortilla chips and chili cheese dip. Here is the recipe:
8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
15 oz. can chili (no beans)
8 oz. cheddar cheese (shredded)
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 in. pie plate. Spread softened cream cheese in bottom of plate. Mix together chili and half of cheddar cheese. Spread on top of cream cheese. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of chili mixture. Bake in oven 15-20 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve warm with tortilla chips.
Marv Nelson says
I’m from Pittsburgh, so I vote for the STEELERS!!! I predict a 28-21 win by Pittsburgh
My favorite Superbowl food is the Cajun Hot Wings from Planet Wings in Spring Valley, NY…they rock! I can’t give the recipe out, because i don’t know it…
2. Mushroom logs — My husband hates the name, but loves the treats.
Take a package of softened cream cheese, add a small can of chopped up mushrooms and some seasoned salt and mix it all up. Spread on two packages of crescent rolls. Roll into a log (hence the name) and slice into small squares. Bake according to the crescent roll instructions. If you like, you can add sesame seeds or poppy seeds to the top with an egg wash, but it’s not at all necessary.
Gina C says
Steelers! They just sound tougher than the Cardinals!
And as for snacks…picking one is soooo hard. Chips and dip! Oh, that’s two!
I’m going with the Steelers even though we live in Browns town and I may receive a severe beating for even rooting for them.
My favorite Super Bowl food is chips and dip but since I’m trying to go healthier and lose some girth, I’ve found a new cucumber dip recipe to try out with veggies this year (we’re having friends and family over since the Super Bowl happens to fall on my birthday this year)
Cucumber & Herb Dip:
1 8oz pkg softened cream cheese (we’re going low fat)
1 cup finely shredded cucumber, well-drained
1/2 cup Kraft shredded swiss cheese
1/2 tsp dill weed
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp minced fresh garlic
Mix all ingredients until well blended, cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
Serve with crackers or fresh veggies.
shel704 at aol dot com
1. I think the Steelers will win
2. Favorite food: Tostitos and salsa 🙂
HECK YEA! GO Steelers! That is who my 10yo son told me to vote for! Our favorite football foods always come in a crock pot! Just throw in some lil smokies into yoshida’s sauce and use toothpicks to fish them out or mix 1 can of chili and a block of Velveeta – all you need is Fritos Scoops and you are set! Meaty goodness…. My boys would LOVE that party pack!
I think the Steelers will win. My favorite Super Bowl food is pizza. (Actually, my anytime favorite food is pizza!) Thank you for the giveaway. guill888 at yahoo dot com
I think the Steelers will win. 28-14.
My favorite snack food would be breaded stuff. Mushrooms, onion rings, stuffed jalapeños, pizza rolls, you get the idea. And by all means Pepsi
1. THE STEELERS!!!
2. Nacho chipotle cheese dip.
Red gold petite tomatoes with chipotle
1 lb. velveeta cheese, cut in chunks
Mix together and melt in micro til soft and ready for dip.
Christy Lockstein says
I’m rooting for the Cardinals to win, of course!
My fave Super Bowl snack is Hormel Chili (no beans) with cream cheese on tortilla chips. Yummy!!
Amy C says
1. I’d like the Cardinals to win because they’re the underdogs and though the Steelers are a very good team, their QB should have been wearing a helmet on the motorcycle (still can’t forgive him for being so stupid).
2. My favorite Super Bowl snack is Bean Dip made with refried beans and pepperjack cheese – no specific recipe, just heat up a can of Rosarita Vegetarian Refried Beans and add enough grated cheese until the mixture looks cheesy, then add a bit of salsa til it tastes good ;). And don’t forget the Restaurant Style Doritos!
veggiegirl at rock dot com
Taylor Blue says
Steelers of course! And I love Chips and Dip and Lots of Pepsi!!
(1) Steelers by far
(2) Pepperoni Rolls and chips and dip
Cardinals (Seem more Christ-like team)
Amy @ Finer Things says
1. Go Steelers! (that was for hubs)
2. Yummy Football Food: Tortilla Roll ups (http://amysfinerthings.com/tortilla-roll-ups) and Layered Shrimp Dip (http://amysfinerthings.com/festive-holiday-appetizer
Chatty Kelly says
1. Kurt Warner & the Cardinals!!
2. Diet Pepsi & delivery pizza! Lots of chips & dip, and brownies for dessert
(came over from Twitter)
I think the Steelers will win.
Here is my recipe for Nachos:
2 large bags of Tostitos
2 cans of refried beans
1-1/2 pounds “lean” ground beef
2 packs of Taco Seasoning Mix
2 lg. bags shredded cheese
1 lg. can sliced Jalapeno peppers
2 medium onions
Chop your onions in small pieces. Brown hamburger and drain the fat (very important)!
Put in the Taco seasoning mix with a little water. Mix well and cook until it cooks down and is NOT soupy. Heat beans on low heat. Put a spoonful of heated refried beans on each chip When hamburger is done, place a spoonful on each individual chip. Then garnish each chip with a lot of cheese, onion and Jalapeno. If you don’t want the hassle of making these yourself, you can always prepare everything and let everyone make their own individual nacho. Serve with hot sauce (Picante).
HobartsMama AT aol.com
The Steelers baby!
I love the 7 layer chip dip with beans, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, meat, salsa and tomatos… add chips and yum!
Ann H says
I’d like the Cardinals to win just to mix things up a bit.
My favorite Super Bowl food is chips and guacamole.
litebird at usa dot com
Kristine Michelle says
I’d like to see the Steelers win. And my favorite snack is Fritos with melted Velveeta cheese. Pretty easy, melt Velveeta, add a little Salsa, and you’re good to go.
allmycrazycats AT aol.com
1) Cardinals – Go Big Red
2) Pepsi and a Frito Chili Bowl!
Put frito’s on a bowl, add a mixture of velveta cheese and hormel chili. Good stuff
Cara Putman says
Very fun. I’d love to see the Cardinals win, but it would be a Cinderella moment. And I love anything with dip. Apple Dip, taco dip, etc.
I think in order to have a truly festive occasion, you have a to provide a good variety of chips. Some that burn your taste buds and others to dip in cool concoctions.
Suzanne Eller says
Cardinals, though husband is pulling for the Steelers. We love wheat thins and cream cheese/salsa dip! Fruit tray. Pigs in blankets.
1) The Steelers!!!
2) Definitely Chips and Dip!!!