Living Inspired ~ Thursday 3CT (10/31/13)
To listen to the interview: go here and click on the player in the upper right corner of the screen.
This week on Living Inspired, please welcome speaker, songwriter, and month, Robin Donica Wolaver author of The Song of Annie Moses (Guideposts, 2013).
If you’re reading this after 10/31/13 you’ll be able to find this show . . . and all my shows in the archive section.
For your chance to win a copy of Robin’s The Song of Annie Moses leave a comment below. Winner will be announced on Friday on the winner page.
**Due to shipping cost, giveaway open to US residents only**
More about Robin: Robin Wolaver holds a Bachelor of Music degree in Vocal Performance from Oklahoma City University. She is a singer/ speaker/writer living in Nashville, Tennessee with her husband and fellow composer, Bill Wolaver, and their six children, Annie, Alex, Benjamin, Camille, Gretchen and Jeremiah. Together, they comprise The Annie Moses Band, and perform over 80 concerts annually across North America. An award-winning lyricist, Wolaver has been twice nominated for a Dove Award in both the Song of the Year and Best Children’s Musical categories. She has been awarded the honor of Gospel Song of the Year by the American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers, (ASCAP), as well as the Nashville Songwriters Association. She served for four years as a staff songwriter for Word, Inc., and has works published by Word, Sparrow, LifeWay, Lillenas, Hal Leonard, Maranatha! Music, Integrity, Shawnee Press, and Brent wood-Benson. Her latest releases, offered in partnership with LifeWay Music Publishing, include a pair of children’s musicals (Penny Whistle Park: All Things Bright and Beautiful and Hallelujah Harvest!), octavos and a violin curriculum for children, written with her eldest daughter, Annie.
Connect with Robin: Website, Twitter, Facebook
More about The Song of Annie Moses: The Song of Annie Moses creatively and entertainingly recounts how one mother, born in mountain poverty and seclusion, led her children, through hard work and spiritual development, to the Juilliard School and ultimately, Carnegie Hall and the Grand Ole Opry. As families crumble in ever growing numbers, the story of Wolaver’s family is a testament to another way of living — one that embraces ancient truths often forgotten. A tapestry of wit and wisdom, told with characteristic humor by a woman with a singular passion — to see other families follow a similar path to unity, boundless creativity and spiritual joy.
More about The Annie Moses Band:
• The Annie Moses Band is an ensemble unlike any in America today. A blend of fiddle, jazz and classical influences, fused with soaring, folk-inspired vocals creates a sound that is both refreshing and familiar. The Annie Moses Band is a family bringing classicism to the common man.
• With 1000+ hours of airings on PBS stations across the country (the highest debut for any artist on public television to date), a top-ten Classical Crossover album (Billboard Magazine), a bustling tour schedule of over 80 concerts a year before 100,000+ people, and a plethora of appearances in print and on television, the family is pulling new fans from across musical genres to their eclectic style of music making.
• The group’s PBS special, “Christmas with the Annie Moses Band”, received over 1,100 hours of airings. Their Christmas album, “This Glorious Christmas”, reached the top ten on Billboard Magazine’s classical crossover chart and was aired on TBN. A subsequent special, “Message in a Baby”, was also aired on TBN and “Faith, Family & Music”, a musical documentary on the Wolaver family, received 78 hours of airings on multiple national networks.
• Named in honor of the children’s great-grandmother.
• AMB’s music is a tapestry of Americana favorites and original tunes. Jazz re-imaginings (“Poor Wayfaring Pilgrim”), Copland-esque renditions of Celtic classics (“Blarney Pilgrim”), Appalachian echoes (“Girl of Constant Sorrow” and “Trail Mix”), and progressive strings and vocals (“The Road Well Traveled”) make Pilgrims & Prodigals the Band’s definitive project thus far.
Lisa Cowell says
Another new one for me. Would like to read this. Thanks for the giveaway!