One of my favorite times of the day is when I get the kids settled in a night and it’s time to read. Bedtime reading has been a tradition that we’ve done for the last 20+ years. We make sure all electronics are turned off, the kids get ready for bed, and we sit down as a family to read. It’s amazing how many wonderful books we get to share as a family!
In honor of Read Across America, here’s a list of 50 picture and chapter books to go through as a family!
1) I’ll Love You Forever by Robert Munsch
2) Are You My Mother? by P.D. Eastman
3) Fox in Socks by Dr. Seuss and Theodore Geisel
4) The Hundred Dresses by Eleanor Estes and Louis Slobodkin
5) The Cricket in Times Square by George Selden and Garth Williams
6) Tacky the Penguin by Helen Lester and Lynn Munsinger
7) Miss Suzy by Miriam Young and Arnold Lobel
8) The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster and Jules Feiffer
9) If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Joffe Numeroff and Felicia Bond
10) The Book with No Pictures by B.J. Novak
11) The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey by Susan Wojciechowski and P.J. Lynch
12) The Monster at the end of this Book by Jon Stone and Michael Smollin
13) The Big Picture Story Bible by David R. Helm and Gail Schoonmaker
14) Make Way for Ducklings by Robert McCloskey
15) Silly Sally by Audrey Wood
16) Caps for Sale by Esphyr Slobodkina
17) You Are Special by Max Lucado and Sergio Martinez
18) Barnyard Dance by Sandra Boynton
19) Bombus the Bumblebee by Elsie Larson, David & Helen Haidle
20) The Giant Jam Sandwich by John Vernon Lord
21) Tikki Tikki Tembo by Ariene Mosel and Blair Lent
22) Could Be Worse by James Stevenson
23) When We Were Very Young by A.A. Milne
24) The Trumpet of the Swan by E.B. White and Fred Marcellino
25) Was it a Good Trade? by Beatrice Schenk de Regniers and Irene Haas
26) Louise the Big Cheese and the Back-To-School Smarty-Pants by Elise Primevera and Diane Goode
27) Jeremy: The Tale of an Honest Bunny by Jan Karon and Teri Weidner
28) A Porcupine Named Fluffy by Helen Lester and Lynn Munsinger
29) Let Papa Sleep by Emily Reed
30) Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingalls Wilder
31) The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom and Elizabeth Sherrill
32) Carry On, Mr. Bowditch by Jean Lee Latham
33) Johnny Tremain by Esther Hoskins Forbes
34) Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
35) The BFG by Roald Dahl
36) Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White
37) The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
38) Prayers that Changed History by Tricia Goyer
39) The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
40) The Golden Goblet by Eloise Jarvis McGraw
41) Savvy by Ingrid Law
42) Heidi by Johanna Spyri
43) Watership Down by Richard Adams
44) Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
45) The Giver by Lois Lowry
46) Gone-Away Lake by Elizabeth Enright and Joe & Beth Krush
47) Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls
48) Hatchet by Gary Paulsen
49) The Indian in the Cupboard by Lynne Reid Banks
50) The Sign of the Beaver by Elizabeth George Speare
What’s your favorite books to read aloud as a family? Share in the comment section below!
Homeschool Success Course
Are you feeling overwhelmed and uncertain about your homeschooling journey? Do you wish you had a roadmap to help you navigate the challenges and achieve success? Look no further than Tricia Goyer’s Homeschool Success video course!
Tricia Goyer is a homeschooling expert with over 20 years of experience, and she has poured all of her knowledge and wisdom into this comprehensive course. In each video, Tricia shares practical tips and strategies for homeschooling, from choosing a curriculum to managing your time effectively.
With Homeschool Success, you’ll discover how to:
- Create a customized curriculum that meets your family’s unique needs
- Develop a daily routine that maximizes your time and energy
- Cultivate a love of learning in your children and inspire them to reach their full potential
- Foster a positive homeschooling environment that nurtures relationships and builds character
- Navigate the challenges of homeschooling with confidence and grace
Tricia’s warm and engaging teaching style will leave you feeling empowered and equipped to tackle any homeschooling challenge that comes your way. You’ll also receive a workbook with actionable steps and reflection questions to help you apply your learning to your homeschooling journey.
Take advantage of this opportunity to learn from one of the most respected homeschooling experts in the industry. Enroll in Tricia Goyer’s Homeschool Success video course today and start your journey to homeschooling success!
Homeschool Success Course only $9
Purchase the course here.
Purchase the course here.