5 Benefits of Being Still Before God
- When you are still before God . . . you know God.
- When you are still before God . . . you realize He is still at work among the nations. He does not need your work to succeed for His plan to succeed. (Honestly, He doesn’t.)
- When you are still before God . . . you know God has your future in His hands.
- When you are still before God . . . you’ll understand yourself better. You get a glimpse of your life’s purpose through His eyes.
- When you are still before God . . . you realize your future is God’s memory. And there you can have peace.
What does it mean “to be still?”
- Find a quiet place.
- Pick up your Bible and turn to a favorite Scripture or the Psalms.
- Read until God’s Word stirs your heart.
- Pause, listen, and ask Him to come.
- Ask, “Lord, how does this apply to my life?”
- Worship Him for who He is!
Now, what about you? How has “being still” changed you?
Are you new here? You might want to subscribe to my email updates, or follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, or Instagram.
Interested in some similar posts to this one? Check out these: