Do you have a favorite author? Do you want to see more books from that author? The best way to ensure that author gets more book contracts is to help the author get more book sales. And the best way to get book sales is for YOU to spread the word.
If you’re interested in helping an author spread the word about his or her book, here’s how! <click to tweet>
- Review the book
- Do a video review
- Share photos of yourself reading the book (or of your baby holding the book—adorable!)
- Ask your local bookstore to carry the book (and recommend it to readers!)
- Recommend the book to reading groups
- Ask your library to order it for its shelves
- Buy the book for your friend’s birthday
- Tweet your favorite lines from the book
- Ask the author for bookmarks. Many have ones you can share, and they are happy to mail them to you
- Attend a booksigning if the author is coming near you.
- Add the book on your Goodreads shelf and add the author’s book on a list
- Offer to host the author on your blog
- Join a launch team. Many authors have teams of people who help them spread the word during the first month of a book’s release
- Connect with the author on Facebook and Twitter
- Pin the cover of the book on Pinterest
- Create Pinterest images with quotes from the book
- Finally, talk about the book. Most people buy books because of word-of-mouth.
Now, what about you? What are your favorite ways to tell others about your favorite books?
P.S. I love what this author has done. So creative! Can I be this video savvy when I grow up?