Thanks to everyone who showed up last night for the “Simple Things” author chat party! If you missed out on it, you can re-read through the highlight and comments here.
I wanted to share with you the correct answers to the trivia questions. Some of them were tricky! How did you do?
1. All Amish have church in their homes. False. In Somerset County, Pennsylvania they have meeting houses.
2. Amish women do not wear makeup. True.
3. The vast majority of Amish housewives us the classic wringer washers, once popular in the post-World War II era. True.
4. Amish children go to school through the 10th grade. False. They go through the 9th grade.
5. Amish dolls are made without faces. True.
6. The only way to become Amish is to be born Amish. False. Some children are adopted and some Englishers join as adults.
7. The Amish believe that decorating their homes for Christmas is too worldly. False. They do allow simple decorations such as greenery, candles and cards.
8. Amish teens are expected to behave in rebellions (large and small) during their rumspringa years. True.
9. The majority of Amish men are farmers. False. Farming has decreased over the years. Many men also work in factories or trades such as woodworking.
Did you attend the party last night? Make sure you check to see if you won a prize! Click here for the full list.
Did you hear the good news? A Christmas Gift for Rose is only $2.99 (digital), now through January 6! Get the ebook HERE!
Are you new here? You might want to subscribe to my email updates, or follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, or Instagram.