Hidden Potential with Wendy Pope
Today on Walk it Out, I chatted about Hidden Potential with Wendy Pope.
Have you taken the time to consider your hidden potential? You don’t have to overcome, correct, rise above, or get strong before you are qualified to be part of God’s plan. He can use you right now. You are a worthwhile possibility.
How do you feel when you read those words? Is it hard to believe that it’s true? I understand. For so many years I felt as if I had to “do enough and be enough” for God. But as Wendy and I chatted about, our failure is not more powerful than our God … or the good plans that God has for us.
- When you feel stuck, remember you are a worthwhile possibility.
- When you feel unseen, God can see your potential even when you can’t.
- When you feel weak, know that your frailties are not too frail for God.
- When you feel your mess-ups are too much, God’s grace is greater than your mistakes. His mercy will not overlook you or miss you.
- When you only see your shortcomings, God sees different and beacons you to join Him in His work.
I know things are hard right now, but I hope that when you tune in to our conversation you’ll realize that God has amazing plans for you, even during this season of world-wide crisis and unexpected challenges. You can trust in that.
Who is Wendy?
Wendy Pope is a speaker with Proverbs 31 Ministries and contributes to the P31 online devotional Encouragement for Today. She is the author of several books, including Wait and See and Yes, No, and Maybe. She teaches thousands of women worldwide online through the One Year Chronological Bible. Wendy lives with her family in North Carolina.
You can order Hidden Potential HERE.
Walk It Out Scripture
If you are enjoying the show, I have a quick favor to ask! If you haven’t yet hit the subscribe button and left a rating and a review on iTunes, please take a moment and do so! I love reading your reviews and it keeps the algorithms happy so new listeners can find the podcast as well!
Resources, books, and links mentioned in this episode:
- Hidden Potential
- First Baptist Matthews — See Wendy teach online!
- Psalm 56
- I Still Believe — Such a great movie!
- Deuteronomy 29:29
Connect with Wendy Pope
Connect with Tricia