Hello, friends! I’d love your help with something: helping to promote Lead Your Family Like Jesus!
Studies have shown that if a book does well in its first week, it’s more likely to succeed in the long run. I’d like your help in creating that “buzz” that will get others excited about my upcoming release!
Let me tell you a little about Lead Your Family Like Jesus. It all started when I was talking with a friend and telling her how when my kids were young, I often used Ken Blanchard’s business books to train my children. I knew that as a mom I was a leader, and the more I had my act together the better I could lead the troops. It turned out that Kristin knew Ken Blanchard and she told me, “Put an idea together and I’ll approach him for you.” I put together an idea for Lead Like Jesus for Families. Basically we could take this faith-based, business leadership book and help parents learn how to be better leaders in their home. She presented the idea, and it turns out that right around the same time Focus on the Family had approached Ken with the same idea! (Hmm, maybe God was speaking to a few hearts.) I had a conference call with Ken, Phil, and leadership at the Lead Like Jesus organization, and they all agreed God had put us together for His purpose.
What I love about this book is that it reminds us of our role as parents. Any time we are trying to influence the thoughts, behaviors, and development of another person we are a leader. If this isn’t the definition of a parent I don’t know what is!
Lead Your Family Like Jesus discusses the Heart, Head, Hands and Habits of leading children. In it we share things like knowing your family values, creating a mission statement, finding balance, and more! We also asked everyday people to give their input, too. These sidebars add great input!
If you’re interested in helping to promote the book through joining the launch team, please fill out this very short survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/X8PYCZF
As a Lead Your Family Like Jesus launch team member, you’ll receive:
- A free pre-release copy to read ASAP and to review
- Exclusive access to a private Facebook group, where we’ll share promotion ideas and you’ll have direct contact with me and my co-authors
- The opportunity to interact with other launch team members and see the behind-the-scenes of a book launch
- Some fantastic freebies I’ll be doling out in addition to copies of my books (and some of these great freebies will go to those of you who create the most buzz)
- Access to an occasional Google hangout or conference call with me to brainstorm ideas
As a launch team member, you’ll be responsible for:
- Spreading the word about Lead Your Family Like Jesus
- Reviewing the book everywhere you can, including Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Goodreads
- Tweeting and posting on Facebook and Goodreads about the books (we’ll come up with those posts for you)
- Praying for me and for the launch team
- Being creative and coming up with some great ideas to help promote the books, as well as helping to implement those ideas
So what do you think? It’s going to take some work, but I know it will be worth it. I can’t wait to get to know you on a deeper level, and you might make some new friends through this process!
I’m excited you are interested in helping us spread the word about this book. This isn’t a girly mommy manual. While I love those types of books, we purposely made this a book that men would want to use, too. We believe it is one both dads and moms can pick up for inspiration, advice, and encouragement. It can be used by couples, single parents, and anyone else in the parenting role.
If you have ANY ideas on ways I can connect with your unique tribe/audience, let me know!