Today on Writer Wednesday we welcome Anita Agers-Brooks, author of Exceedingly: Spiritual Strategies for Living on Purpose, with Purpose, and for an Abundant Purpose.
Enter below for a chance to win a copy of Exceedingly! Winner will be e-mailed.
Note: This post contains affiliate links.
Writers Wednesday with Anita Agers-Brooks: A Day in the Life
If only my days were filled with more glam than grit. But the truth is, my life is a brave existence.
Every morning, I must take courage and put on the full armor of God. Why is this necessary? Because when you’re tending a big dream, you must protect it and the people impacted—fiercely.
As a public figure dedicated to educating, inspiring, and encouraging today’s influencers, (we all influence someone, the question is, are we influencing well?), it’s my duty and honor to help people. But it’s a balancing act to guard my productive time as well.
Weekly, my days include activities like these:
- Record an episode for my podcast, Tending Your Dreams.
- Meet writing deadlines for articles, blog posts, book proposals, and/or books. (Tricia’s blog represents some of my favorite types of writing assignments.)
- Coach clients who need help with leadership, business training, writing or speaking careers, marriage, or life in general.
- Contact event planners and sending out speaker’s kits.
- Prepare marketing plans for new book releases, speaking events, or coaching intensives—sometimes with my agent or publicist, but mostly alone. (Doing double duty right now, with two new book releases coming up. Exceedingly: Spiritual Strategies for Living on Purpose, with Purpose, and for an Abundant Purpose releases April 23rd and Getting Through What You Can’t Get Over’s mass market edition releases May 1st.)
- Visit bookstores and meet their customers.
- Give radio, podcast, and TV interviews.
- Social media. (Okay, that’s mostly fun.)
- Travel to speaking, training, or coaching events and spending time with attendees.
- Answer messages from texts, phone calls, emails, and PM’s.
- Balance my checkbook to ensure I’ve got a little income left after reinvesting in my business. (Yes, writing, speaking, and coaching is business.)
- Sneak away to play with my grandkids. We like to build imaginary cities, hang out at Barbie’s pool, sing songs, or snuggle with a good book. (My favorite!)
Now you can understand why I said my life is more grit than glamor—what I do requires dedication, tenacity, and a bunch of faith. But I love my life! And that armor I mentioned earlier?
Every day, I buckle the belt of truth and breastplate of God’s righteousness in place, to guard against insecurity and fear trying to stop me. I fit my feet with readiness to share good news and encouragement because what I do is about others, not me. I raise my shield of faith, choosing to believe in future results before they can be seen, and protecting myself from the disruptions and discouragements that threaten to take my efforts down in flames. I put on the helmet of Christ’s salvation because through Him, I CAN do all things. And I grip the sword of the spirit, the Word of God, which defends my call against any attack.
These secrets provide energy and fuel my success. They make me love the grit as much as the glam.
What does a day in your life look like?
Anita Agers-Brooks is a writer, speaker, and certified life coach with a passion for encouraging people to seek biblical guidance for emotional issues. She is also a multi-published, award-winning author whose previous titles include Getting Through What You Can’t Get Over and Death Defied, Life Defined, and is also the host of Tending Your Dreams, a globally popular podcast. Anita lives in Cuba, Missouri.
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
More about Exceedingly: Spiritual Strategies for Living on Purpose, with Purpose, and for an Abundant Purpose
“Am I making a difference?” “Can I accomplish meaningful things despite the mistakes I’ve made?” “How can I know God’s purpose for me?”
As the true stories in Exceedingly demonstrate, whether famous or entirely unknown, we all struggle to find significance in our lives. But the truth is that each one of us has a special reason for being right here, right now–and we can discover exactly what that is.
Anita Agers-Brooks walks through simple yet powerful strategies, skills, and exercises to do just that. Through practical application and inspiration from people like the late country music star Troy Gentry, readers will identify and hone their natural traits, raw talents, and untapped abilities. Uncovering our purpose doesn’t require big personalities, perfect lives, or an issue-free past. We only have to make the effort to learn to see ourselves as God does and fulfill the personal purpose we were made for.
Seekers who engage with Anita will find their quest leads to one amazing conclusion: if they unearth what they’ve been given and dare to believe, their Maker will do exceedingly, abundantly more with their lives than they’ve ever imagined.
Purchase a copy of Exceedingly
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | CBD
Are you new here? Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, or Instagram.
Leave a Reply